Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Mom's Peonies

One of the few people who didn't think I was stark raving mad when I moved to PEI was my mom (Eileen). She thought it was wonderful and totally supported us. One of the ways she showed her support was to send me things that went with the life style, like the peonies.

Three years ago I received a package for my birthday containing peonie roots. I planted them behind the herb garden in between two lilac bushes. Last year I feared they had inadvertently been cut down in a zealous weeding spree. But they survived and this year, they have bloomed for the very first time. You really can't see in this picture but they add a colour and joy to the herb garden. The flowers are humongous, they catch every little breeze and bob merrily every chance they get. It's nice to have a little bit of Mom in the herb garden.

No comments: